Some Holiday Reminders!
The term break provides a perfect opportunity for boys to prepare for the run home to the end of the year! It is important that all students maintain momentum throughout the term, particularly Grade 10s who are approaching end of semester exams and the ceremonies that go with leaving the College.
I have regularly said that good results are inextricably linked to preparation and hard work. During the holidays all boys are asked to ensure they they undertake tasks which prepare them for a big Term 4. Specifically:
- Ensure all stationery items are re-stocked for Term 4.
- Some stationery may be at the bottom of the bag with a mouldy banana or apple - so clean that out!
- Take some time to rest - sleep is vitally important for teenage boys so make sure you get good amounts of it.
- Ensure your hair complies with the College's expectations. Complying with what is expected of you re-confirms your support for the College and your intention to always do your best.
- Set some goals for the term - they could be academic, music, service or sport. If you aim at nothing you will certainly hit it, so re-focus your aim for the rest of 2019 and beyond.
- Most importantly have a great break with family and friends. Take the time to enjoy the company of parents and siblings and don't hesitate to tell them, and show them, how important they are in your life.
I look forward to welcoming boys back for a successful and enjoyable Term 4.